Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Friday 12 June 2015

Invisibobble Review - should you buy it?


Hey hey

Recently I bought a little box of invisibobble hair rings, I believe this is their winter collection in the colour Winter Punch. Each box costs 4€ and comes with 3 hair rings. You can get it at amazon, ebay, boots and a lot of other places. I'm not writing this review based on this box I bought this week, I have been using invisibobble for over a year, on and off.

Invisibobble isn't a new brand, it has been around for a while, but I feel like a lot of people haven't tried it yet so I'd like to to voice my opinion on whether or not it's worth the investment. Let me start by saying that if you don't know what it is, it's a brand that makes spiral hair ties that are supposed to not leave a trace on your hair (you know when your hair gets a  hair tie mark?! Ugh) and not tug on your hair.

I do tend to get a lot of hair tie marks on my hair with conventional hair ties which isn't very appealing since when I want to wear my hair down I have a very clear mark around my hair. With the invisibobble hair ties it doesn't happen at all, unless I put my hair in a ponytail while it's still wet and let it dry like that, but that's normal. When it comes to the no-tugging promise, I'm not completely satisfied. Do bear in mind that it tugs a lot less than normal hair ties, but it's not completely tug-free. This might be because my hair is very thin and on top of that it's layered, which makes it so that the hair tie doesn't have the same grip on all the hair so it tugs on the shorter, layered ones from my hairline.


But the tugging doesn't bother me that much, it isn't very dramatic. There is a bigger problem I have with the brand. The hair ties are tiny and thin, which makes them very fragile. It has happened more than once that after a couple of weeks they break in the little place where both ends were glued together. Now I wouldn't mind this at all if they cost 50 cents each, but at 4€ a box it's quite an investment to have to replace them after a few weeks or a month if they break.

All in all, I don't feel like it's 100% a worthy investment, since it's not that amazing when compared to other cheaper alternatives - I have a knock-off that I bought for 30 cents and although less delicate and aesthetically appealing it does it's job very well for a fraction of the price.

That said, I do get very excited with their collection launches and if there's a colour I really like, I buy a little box. I believe that's the biggest appeal with Invisibobble, their cute and delicate hair ties as opposed to how better they are when compared to other less expensive options.

If you want cute adorable hair ties that come in a huge variety of colours to choose from your money is well spent. If you're in it just for the promises the brand makes (traceless, no tugging) I would recommend not getting it because then you can pay less for a knockoff and get the same results.

Have you tried invisibobble? What do you think about it?

Olá

Comprei uma pequena caixa dos elásticos invisibobble da colecção de Inverno na cor Winter Punch - um bordeaux muito bonito. Cada caixa traz 3 elásticos, custa 4€ e vende-se em farmácias e parafarmácias (também podem encontrar online). Não estou a escrever esta review apenas na minha utilização desta caixa, já uso invisibobble há mais de um ano e tenho uma opinião formada sobre o artigo.

Não é uma marca novidade, certamente já ouviram falar ou já viram os elásticos à venda na farmácia ou a Wells, mas eu tenho reparado que ainda há muita gente que procura reviews e por isso decidi dar também a minha opinião tendo em base a minha experiência. Para quem não sabe o que é, são uns elásticos em forma de espiral feitos de plástico que prometem segurar bem o cabelo sem repuxar ou deixar marcas.

Tendo o cabelo liso e fininho sofro bastante com os elásticos convencionais pois fico cheia de marcas (durmo de rabo de cavalo) e sinto os elásticos a repuxar alguns cabelos o que dói. Quanto ao facto de não deixar marcas estou medianamente satisfeita, umas vezes fico com marcas e noutras não. Quanto à promessa de não repuxar a história é a mesma. Quando comecei a usar invisibobble notei que fico muito mais confortável pois repuxa menos, mas não é 100% eficaz a esse nível. Pode não ser culpa do artigo, de facto tenho o cabelo bastante fininho e escadeado o que pode fazer com que o elástico não consiga agarrar os cabelos mais curtos com o mesmo controlo que no resto do cabelo.


Para além do que já foi dito, existe outra coisa que me incomoda com estes elásticos: são muito frágeis. São pequenos e fininhos e já me aconteceu mais do que uma vez partirem-se ao fim de uma semana ou duas de uso (na zona onde as duas extremidades estão coladas). Isso não seria um problema se estes elásticos não custassem quase 4€ o que, para elásticos de cabelo, é bastante caro. É um grande investimento ter de substituílos se um deles (ou dois deles como já me aconteceu) se partem na mesma caixa.

Fico muito entusiasmada com as novas colecções da invisibobble e quanto existe um lançamento com uma cor que goste muito compro uma caixa. Acredito que seja este o maior valor da invisibobble - elásticos bonitos, com um ar delicado. Se for este o motivo pelo qual querem um elástico, recomendo. Se for pelo desempenho (não deixar marcas e não repuxar) não acho que seja um bom investimento pois faz um trabalho medíocre em ambas as promessas que faz. Para um trabalho medíocre podem ir a uma loja dos chineses e comprar versões mais baratas a 0.30€ que fazem o mesmo trabalho (tenho vários e nunca se partiram). Não são esteticamente tão agradáveis nem vêm em todas as cores da moda mas fazem o mesmo trabalho.

Já usaram Invisibobble? Como foi a vossa experiência?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...