Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Sunday 15 March 2015

Week 12 weight loss journal

"I can resist everything except temptation"
Oscar Wild

I don't think Oscar Wild was referring to food when he wrote this beautiful piece of wisdom but it's so true to food nonetheless. Temptation has a very strong grip on me, specially if it comes in the form of chocolate. It's just something I need to keep working on. I've been in such a great mood this week, spring is the happiest time of the year. I get to start wearing my colourful and light clothes, it's lovely.

Food


For breakfast on Thursday I decided to try something new - these banana and oats pancakes - since I've been seeing these pancakes everywhere. They're healthier than normal pancakes, the batter is made with banana, oatmeal and an egg. For my personal taste they're not that great as people paint them. The taste is alright, nothing amazing, but what really turns me off is the consistency. It's a very soggy, mushy and slimy consistency because of the bananas and I'm really not a fan of that. The strawberries on top totally saved it though so it wasn't a terrible breakfast. I'm really not selling it well am I? Try it for yourself if you think this is something you might like since it definitely is a lot healthier than some things people usually have for breakfast. You can pimp it up with some cinnamon if you like that (I hate cinnamon), or some honey in the batter, anything you'd like to give it more flavour. A huge point for these pancakes: they kept me full for hours, not even kidding. I had breakfast around 8:30h and it is now 11:40h (yes I'm writing this part on Thursday) and I'm still not hungry.

My sweet grandmother bought me some portobello mushrooms, she does that sometimes since she knows I love mushrooms. So I've been using them left and right, every single day pretty much. It's a great addition to a vegetable stew and it's so low in calories, it's crazy.

Another great side dish to your meat or fish is salads. This week I've been mixing regular lettuce with arugula (not my favourite type of greens but now I'm stuck with it since I have a full bunch). Tomatoes and some baked potatoes have also been a stable this week.

My mom bought me some tortellini stuffed with spinach and they are delicious! It cooks in 3 minutes and I made a mushroom sauce to go with it (just cook down mushrooms, onion and seasonings, blitz it until you reach a creamy texture).

I experimented a bit with lentils this week, and it might just be the bad cooking/lack of knowledge with it but it's just not my thing unfortunately.

As snacks I've had some toasts with butter, or strawberries (which I've also been bringing to school in a little container).

Exercise

I.Am.Exhausted. This week I really pushed my boundaries. I worked out 4 times which is the normal for me but I feel like I really worked harder than I usually do. I just hope the weather doesn't get super hot because I just can't work out in the heat, it really takes my motivation away. I'm looking into some waist trainers, I might get one to try, have you ever exercised with a waist trainer? I'd love to hear your opinions or results with it.
"Posso resistir a tudo, menos à tentação"
Oscar Wild

Encontrei esta citação de Oscar Wilde que achei muito engraçada e completamente adaptada a mim. Não creio que ele se estivesse a referir à tentação de comer quando escreveu esta bela frase de sabedoria mas adapta-se perfeitamente. Se há coisa a que sou muito fraca é a tentação por chocolate, mas tenho de continuar a trabalhar para a ultrapassar.

Tenho andado de óptimo humor esta semana, deve ser da Primavera. Daqui a duas semanas estou de férias da Páscoa e não podia estar mais entusiasmada pelos momentos de sossego e descanso das aulas.

Comida


Para o pequeno almoço na quinta-feira experimentei algo novo que tenho visto um pouco por todo o lado - panquecas de banana e aveia. São mais saudáveis que as panquecas normais feitas com farinha. Tenho ouvido óptimas coisas sobre estas panquecas mas, pessoalmente, não gostei nada. O sabor é mediano, não é nada do outro mundo, mas o que não gostei mesmo foi da textura. Como a massa é maioritariamente banana a textura é um pouco de papa. Acompanhei as panquecas com morangos e devo dizer que os morangos é que salvaram o pequeno-almoço porque de resto não fiquei nada satisfeita. No entanto há muita gente que adora estas panquecas por isso experimentem, adicionem algumas coisas que possam gostar à massa como canela ou mel. Um ponto a favor para estas panquecas: senti-me cheia das 8:30h da manhã até à hora do almoço, o que é óptimo.

A minha querida avó comprou-me cogumelos portobello, ela faz isso às vezes como sabe que gosto muito de cogumelos. Tenho estado a usá-los a semana inteira (já acabaram). São uma óptima adição na alimentação e quase não têm calorias.

Outro bom acompanhamento para carne ou peixe é sempre salada. Tenho comido uma mistura de alface e rúcula (não é a minha preferida devo dizer mas comprei um saco portanto agora tenho de comer). Batata cortada em palitos e assada no forno tem sido outro acompanhamento.

A minha mãe comprou tortellini recheados com espinafres (encontram no Pingo Doce) e cozinham rapidamente (em 3 minutos) e ficam muito bons acompanhados com um molho pouco calórico. Eu fiz um molho de cogumelos muito simples, só com cogumelos, cebola e alguns condimentos.

Outra experiência desta semana que não correu nada bem: lentilhas. Cá em Portugal não é muito normal comer-se lentilhas mas no estrangeiro as pessoas estão muito habituadas a fazê-lo. Devo dizer que não gostei nada do sabor nem da textura mas também pode ter sido por não saber cozinhá-las bem.

Para o lanche tenho comido morangos (que também tenho trazido para a faculdade numa caixinha) ou tostas com um bocadinho de manteiga.

Exercício

Estou exausta, dói-me muito os braços principalmente. Fiz exercício 4 vezes esta semana mas sinto que me esforcei mais do que faço normalmente. Só espero que não fique imenso calor porque não gosto nada de fazer exercício quando o tempo está muito quente. Tenho andando a pesquisar sobre waist training, alguma de vocês já experimentou? Estou a pensar comprar um e começar, os resultados são fantásticos pelo que tenho visto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...