Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Sunday 1 March 2015

Week 10 weight loss journal

I hope your weekend was good and that you got to rest a bit before another Monday. Mine was spent trying to catch up with some school work I needed to do so I'd say it was pretty productive. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I got a lot of healthy interesting items for me to try next week, I'm excited about that. I don't know if it's just me but I love going to the supermarket, it's very relaxing. Maybe it's because it used to be a little ritual I loved as a kid, going with my grandmother to the supermarket. She'd stroll around very slowly looking at what she needed to buy and she let me take the wheel cart which made me feel very important and grown up. She'd also let me bring some treats for me and I always brought a book (the Goosebumps series by R. L. Stine, did any of you read it?).

I know it's physically impossible to lose that much weight in a week but I felt quite good about myself, I felt like I'm less bloated. I'm also in a great mood, I think it's the thought of spring coming. Or maybe it's because my sweet boyfriend is coming to Lisbon for Easter and it will be so much fun.

Food
The week started with an amazing Italian dinner for my mom's birthday. The restaurant was great, really good food. We ordered a lot of food so we could all try a bit of everything instead of ordering a dish for each person. The vegetarian risotto was delicious, and I really liked the tortellini with prawns and curry sauce.

I bought something interesting at the supermarket - quinoa spaghetti flavoured with parsley. I've been hearing about quinoa for quite sometime now and I want to get on the quinoa bandwagon but I'm afraid I might not like it since I've never tried it. For that reason I bought this spaghetti made with quinoa flour so I can try it before I buy the real deal. So far so good, I tried it with Brazilian meat the other night with some salad and I liked it.

Due to my school schedule I need to get creative with what I have for lunch. On some of the days it's not possible to sit down and have a full plate meal, so at the lack of inspiration I've just been taking sandwiches with me. I need to research good meals on-the-go. What I've been using for my sandwiches is whole wheat bread (those with seeds on the crust, yum) and lettuce, ham and butter inside.

I've been craving mushroom risotto for a few days. It's silly I know, but I just really want mushrooms and I wish I bought them when I was at the supermarket. I made risotto for lunch with beef and spinach but it didn't satiate my desire for mushroom risotto. Need mushrooms asap!

I'm back to my beloved green smoothies for breakfast! It's so nice to know exactly what I'm going to eat and what I need to prepare. I bought strawberries and pineapple for smoothies and those will last me a while so I won't need to restock for the upcoming weeks.

As snacks I'm having something very unusual for me. I've been wanting to try hummus for quite sometime, and I even thought I'd make it myself so it's healthier. I decided to buy a little tub at the supermarket to try it before I get into the whole making it myself business since it requires some investment in the ingredients. I think I like it, I'm not sure yet. This one I bought has way too much lemon flavour and I'm not a fan of lemons, I love chickpeas though so I was hoping it had more chickpea flavour which isn't the case at all. I might love it if I make it myself since I'll probably withhold from using any lemon. What I did for snacking was putting some hummus in a little container and dip raw carrots in it. I never thought I'd be eating raw carrots for a snack but I must say it's quite nice and flavourful. I'm even considering prepping a container with hummus and carrot to bring for school and snack on between classes.

Exercise

I felt so lazy this week, very out of focus. I exercised 3 times but I don't feel like I invested a lot in it, it was more of a mechanic exercise rather than a "I'm going to give it my all" exercise.
Espero que o vosso fim-de-semana tenha sido bom e que tenham descansado antes desta segunda-feira que se aproxima. O meu foi passado entre livros e artigos para a faculdade e foi bastante produtivo. Ontem foi ao supermercado e comprei algumas coisas interessantes que quero experimentar. Não sei se sou só eu mas adoro ir ao supermercado, é muito relaxante. Talvez porque quando era mais nova era uma pequena rotina com a minha avó, íamos ao supermercado quando ela precisava de fazer compras e ela deixava-me "conduzir" o carrinho das compras o que para uma criança é giro e sentia-me toda importante. Dizia-me sempre para trazer algumas coisinhas para mim e um livro para ler (a saga Arrepios, alguém leu?).

Sei que é impossível perder peso suficiente numa semana para se notar a diferença mas eu tenho-me sentido muito bem comigo mesma, sinto-me menos inchada. Talvez o meu organismo de esteja a livrar de todas as guloseimas que comi enquanto estava na Suécia. Ando também de muito bom humor, acho que a Primavera tem esse efeito em toda a gente.

Comida

Esta semana começou com um fantástico jantar num restaurante italiano para os anos da minha mãe. A comida era óptima, em vez de encomendarmos um prato para cada pessoa pedimos vários pratos que dividimos entre todos. O risotto vegetariano era delicioso e também gostei muito do tortellini com gambas e molho de caril.

Na minha ida ao supermercado comprei algo que nunca experimentei - esparguete de quinoa com salsa. Ando há uns tempos com vontade de experimentar quinoa mas não quero arriscar comprar um pacote inteiro pois não sei se vou gostar e não é assim tão barato. Por esse motivo achei que experimentar este esparguete feito com farinha de quinoa era uma boa aposta (para os interessados, comprei no Jumbo, a marca é Jardin Bio). Até aqui tudo bem, experimentei ontem à noite com picanha e salada e era muito boa.

Devido ao meu horário de faculdade tenho de ser criativa com os almoços pois nem todos os dias tenho tempo de almoçar. À falta de melhor inspiração tenho só feito sandes que levo na mala e como quando posso, mas queria pesquisar outras opções para ter mais variedade. As sandes que tenho feito são com um pão de sementes que adoro, alface, fiambre e manteiga.

Ontem quando cheguei do supermercado deu-me uma ânsia enorme de comer risoto de cogumelos, se soubesse tinha comprado cogumelos. À falta de cogumelos fiz risoto de carne e espinafres para o almoço de hoje mas de facto não é a mesma coisa, tenho de comprar cogumelos.

Como fui às compras e trouxe fruta estou de volta aos batidos verdes para o pequeno almoço. Trouxe morangos e ananás que devem durar durante umas duas semanas.

Quando tenho fome e preciso de um lanchinho como uma sandes e ultimamente ando muito virada para café com leite. Logo eu que nem gosto muito de café! Ontem experimentei uma coisa nova e que nunca pensei comer. Cenoura crua com húmus, não sou grande fã de cenoura crua mas com húmus fica muito bom. Também comprei o húmus no Jumbo na secção de cozinhas do mundo mas não recomendo este, sabe muito a limão. De futuro pretendo começar a fazer o meu próprio húmus em casa pois sai caro comprá-lo no supermercado e a embalagem tem de ser comida em 3 dias. Cortei cenoura crua em palitos e molhei no húmus, estava muito bom. Estou a ponderar começar a levar para a faculdade quando tenho fome entre aulas.

Exercício

Tenho-me sentido muito preguiçosa e desconcentrada esta semana. Fiz exercício 3 vezes mas não sinto que tenha dado o meu melhor, foi mais numa de despachar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...